Wednesday, February 4, 2009

We All Live in the Market

We all live in a marketplace. Truth be told human life has very few if any bargains save and except one precious exception. We have within us our Soul's Divine reality. What a bargain. From God we came into existence. Into God we will once again eventually return.











The human mind is no better

Than a marketplace

Of uncomely thoughts.

xcerpt from Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 87 by Sri Chinmoy.



We sometime think we are paying a great price for our life on earth. In truth we pay nothing and do nothing. This happens only when we simply allow God to play in and through us. We allow ourselves to become mere instruments in his own Divine transaction.











It is so easy for the material world to be everywhere and everything for us. The price is too expensive however, the purchase not worth the cost, no matter how low.






The unaspiring heart

And

The desiring mind

Are in no way better

Than a marketplace.



Excerpt from Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 247 by Sri Chinmoy.



There are so many tempting twists and turns in the marketplace. The real bargains just out of reach of our desirous minds. But easily within reach of our aspiring hearts.













Your unsearching mind

And your unaspiring heart

Will definitely take you

To the marketplace of sorrow.

Excerpt from Two God-Amusement-Rivals: My Heart-Song-Beauty And My Life-Dance-Fragrance, Part 6 by Sri Chinmoy.



It will take humanity a long time to learn how to be a Divine shopper. How to seek the value of things within and not be distracted by those external things that just end up cluttering our lives.












Only my purity-heart

Can and will silence

The market-noise of my mind.


Excerpt from Ten Thousand Flower-Flames, Part 54 by Sri Chinmoy.








I have to confess that I am a shopper like everyone else. In this shop(Kerajinan Kayu) I spent a long time and probably too much money. I needed gifts for home and I had been here once before. the owner Wayan Mas talked and talked and I looked and looked and felt I was in the right place but could not decide what I wanted. Then I saw what I thought my family would like and we bargained and bargained. I turned to go and she called me back. More bargaining ensued.



But perhaps the real bargain was in meeting Wayan's family which consisted of #1 daughter Nanah and #2 daughter Apong. Maybe we became closer to being friends. She has had her little Rattan shop here for 30 years. Maybe I will come this way one day again, to the little market place in Ubud.










A surrender-heart

Gets everything free of charge

From God's world-satisfaction-market.



Excerpt from Twenty-Seven Thousand Aspiration-Plants, Part 153 by Sri Chinmoy.

No comments: